Program & Events Committee Chair
Carol Goodwin, MCR, VGR
Ms. Goodwin is CFO of Goodwin Heart Pine Company, a reclaimed wood floor business of 34 years. She is a certified wood floor inspector by the Inspector Training Services for Floor Coverings Association. She holds Master Craftsman and Vanguard certificates from the National Wood Floor Association.
Carol has long been active in supporting and promoting both environmental causes and the reclaimed wood industry. Her professional activities include founding the Reclaimed Wood Council, the Wood Floor Guild and the Association for the Restoration of Longleaf Pine. She chaired the National Wood Floor Association’s Environmental Committee for four years.
Ms. Goodwin currently serves as Education Committee Chair for the Florida Green Building Coalition and is a new Board Member for the USGBC’s Heart of Florida Chapter.
Ms. Goodwin is an experienced presenter to consumer and professional audiences and has published numerous articles and booklets on environmental and green building topics. Publications include “Longleaf Legacies ¾ Restoring an Ecosystem for Profit and Pleasure.”
Programs & Events Committee
- To establish the Chapters Regional position as the regional authority and resource for programs and events relative to green building
- To provide a forum for timely delivery of green building educational programs relevant to the Central Florida region and the Chapter membership demographic
- To collaborate and develop synergies with all USGBC-CF committees to promote chapter efforts, events and initiatives
- To provide value to all program and event attendees, and demonstrate value in chapter membership.
- To develop chapter membership and chapter exposure through demonstrated value and quality programs and event